I’ve decided to take up the 20 Days of WoW Blogging Challenge by Saga of Spellbound to commemorate my 3 month anniversary at the end of January. I also figured it would be a good way to get the writing juices flowing and generate some content between the usual gold making posts. On with the show!
This is going to be a bit tricky for me, but I’m going to try to find things that are interesting, you couldn’t know about me, and not too personal. Lets see how this go shall we?
- I No Longer Raid – Basically since I started this blog, I haven’t raided. In the last 3 months I have done one raid, over two nights, and those have been a trial run for a guild. Which I failed. Because I was rusty due to lack of recent raiding. Bummer eh?
- I Drink Tea, Not Coffee – Like a ridiculous amount. I usually just refer to it as caffeine since people give me an odd look when I say I drink tea. It’s gotten to the point where some of the Tim Horton’s people at the college know me and what I order (large steeped tea with milk for those curious), which was kind of embarrassing the first time it happened.
- I Have Never Left the Country – The farthest I’ve ever been from home is Quebec City, and that only twice. I’ve never travelled farther than Quebec City in the east, Niagara Falls in the south, Kitchener in the West, and Port Severn in the north. Aren’t I so well travelled?
- I Only Speak One Language – This may not be a surprise to those outside North America (I’ve heard the jokes you folk make about English speakers) but English is the only language I speak. I can’t even ask where the toilet is in my country’s official second language (French for those living under a rock). In fact, I’m pretty sure I’m better at Dutch (which is something I want to learn fluently if I ever get around to it) than I am at French. Guess that says something to our education system eh?
- I Still Don’t Have Every Crafting Profession – I don’t have a maxed Tailor or Leatherworker as of this writing (though I seriously doubt I’ll have either any time soon). Now these aren’t exactly critical to gold making, but I feel kind of silly not having access to these. I’m also missing Skinning and Herbalism, though I’m not concerned about them because they are gathering professions; the only reason I have Mining is because I need Smelting for Blacksmithing.
- I Was a WoW Basher – Pretty much right up to the point I started playing it I bashed World of Warcraft and it’s players. I mean true gamers only play First Person Shooters right? Who’d ever spend so much time on such a lame game right? Oops
- I Really Do Talk Like This All the Time – I have been told, several times, that I use too many big words in my day to day speech. I don’t see it, but now 3 separate people in as many months have said it, so I guess it must be true. I don’t think I write any different than I talk, but maybe that’s my problem, I talk in a blogger’s voice? Food for thought.
- I Don’t Drink – Or can’t, depends on how you want to look at it. Half a beer is enough to get me acting a little loopy, and I’m not (nor ever have been) the partying type, so I have never built up a tolerance to the stuff. I don’t exactly regret it, I just kind of feel left out of certain social circles.
- I’m a Self Taught Typist – The sheer amount of time I spend on the computer has mapped the Qwerty keyboard into my muscle memory without ever taking a proper class. So while my form is atrocious, I can hit up to 75 words per minute typing.
- I Have a Fear of Water – It’s gotten better as I get older, but I have a fear of deep water. It’s especially bad when getting in something like a small motor boat. I think it has something to do with an incident where I (apparently, I don’t recall this incident) nearly drowned. I’m also not a strong swimmer so that probably contributes.
Check out my other posts in the 20 Days of WoW Blogging Challenge